ELCAS Funded Courses
Wagtail UK Ltd are proud to be an Approved Learning Provider of the MOD's Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) Scheme helping to promote life-long learning for members of the Armed Forces (ELC Provider No: 6931).
Enhanced Learning Credits are designed to provide service personnel (both serving and former) who have accumulated at least 4 eligible years of service from 1st April 2000, with 80% of approved training costs, for courses leading to a recognised qualification on the National Qualifications Framework at level 3 or above.
Achieving Approved Learning Provider status with the ELC is something we’re extremely proud of and strengthens our commitment to supporting the Armed Forces community.Collin Singer, Managing Director Wagtail UK Ltd
If you’re interested in training as a detection dog handler and see this as a future career path, then why not use your ELC credits for a course with Wagtail, the leading international specialist in detection dog and dog handler training.
Courses we offer through the ELC Scheme are:
- Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Certificate in Professional Working Dog Handling – Drug Detection Dogs £3,515.00
- Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Certificate in Professional Working Dog Handling – Explosives Detection £3,995.00
These courses are listed under the Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Services (ELCAS) portal, which can be found here: http://www.enhancedlearningcre...
- Click on the above link the ELCAS website
- Click on 'Serving Personnel' or 'Service Leaver'
- Select ‘Search for a Learning Provider/Course’
- Search for 'Wagtail' in the 'Provider Name' box, and the courses will be shown in the approved list.
Check if you are eligible for funding
You can check if you are eligible for ELC funding by visiting the ELC website here. Have a look at Service Personnel Claiming ELC or Service Leaver Claiming ELC respectively as these pages will tell you about eligibility and how to make your claim.
If you are eligible for ELC funding for your course you will need to fill out an application form which can be found on the ECLAS portal here: http://www.enhancedlearningcre...
More info on our Courses
Courses take place at Wagtail UK's Training School in North Wales. Self-catering accommodation is available at nearby Wagtail House in Prestatyn. Our Frequently Asked Questions page should help answer some of your questions, but please contact us if there's anything else you need to know.
Please click here to read a case study written by one of our past students who completed a Wagtail course using their ELCAS credits.
If you are uncertain about undertaking a full-time course we also offer Detection Dog Taster Days. Taster Days will give you an insight into professional search dog handling before committing to a full-time handler course. Taster Days cost £130. For more information visit our Taster Day page.
Although there is no guarantee of work after the course, we view each learner as a potential future employee. This attitude ensures all our learners have the theoretical knowledge and skills competence to enter the job market with legitimate credentials to impress any potential employer.
For further information please call Wagtail UK on 01745 561166 or email email@example.com
Why Choose Wagtail UK?
- We are fortunate to have full time instructors from diverse military, police and civil backgrounds who work within the industry
- Our multi-disciplined instructors have a wealth of knowledge and experience, both in the UK and overseas, in order to encompass all your training requirements, aspirations and expectations
- All our instructors are qualified to the appropriate level, approved through the QCF, and are adept at delivering blended learning to audiences worldwide
- We offer unrivaled support following completion of one of our courses
Our Training Centre
- Wagtail International School of Excellence is a fully approved centre endorsed by Highfield Awarding Body for Certification
- We have dedicated training facilities on site and a wide range of ‘live’ training areas in the local area to enrich the learning experience
- We are one of only a few training companies Home Office approved to hold real training samples and have a full suite of training aids believing that training on real substance is best practice and a superior option to pseudo scent samples
- Our courses include training and development which leads to a more rounded handler
- Each of our courses has been specifically designed to meet industry expectations and where appropriate compliant to BS 8517-2-2010
- Completion of our courses have led to individuals finding employment in the industry
- All our courses are endorsed by another industry expert