We are currently recruiting for the following vacancies:
- Body Detection Dog Handler
- Canine Recruits
Body Detection Dog Handler
Imagine a job that gives you the freedom to work one week on and one week off all year round? If you like the sound of this and would love to work with dogs on a daily basis, then this opportunity to join reputable UK based business Wagtail UK Ltd, is one not to be missed. Your working weeks will be in Northern France where your accommodation will be provided and at the end of each working week you will return to the UK to enjoy your time off.
Who will I be working with?
Wagtail UK Ltd is an international, multi-award-winning company, specialising in detection dogs and dog handler training. Established in 2003, Wagtail provides detection dogs and related services for government agencies including UK Border Force, HM Revenue and Customs, Police, Trading Standards and Armed Forces. The company specialises in detection dogs for explosives, drugs, tobacco and products of animal origin including ivory, bush meat and pangolin scale, and prides itself on a philosophy to deliver quality without compromise.
What will this role of Detection Dog Handler entail?
As a Detection Dog Handler, you will be part of a team providing support for a high-profile UK Government contract. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Providing a high standard of service by carrying out external search exercises on vehicles and communicating to the Search Team for further investigation as necessary
- Carrying out general kennel duties, ensuring all areas are kept clean and sterile
- Ensuring the welfare of each dog in your care, including regular health checks, grooming and bathing, regular exercise and feeding
- Carrying out maintenance duties for all company property, ensuring vehicles are kept fuelled and cleaned regularly
- Completing a range of administrative reports including dog training, health checks, vehicle inspection and incident reports
- Participating in the introduction of new techniques and change in accordance with the needs of the service
What will I need to be considered for this Detection Dog Handler vacancy?
- Proven dog handling experience with search and / or patrol dogs is essential
- A natural affinity and confidence around dogs and a strong desire to learn
- Knowledge of animal husbandry requirements
- Great team player with excellent communication skills
- Full clean driving licence
- Superb organisation skills, with good attention to detail
- Basic IT skills
- A resilient nature with the ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Willingness to develop skills and undertake training to continuously progress
- A professional smart appearance
- Although not essential, the ability to speak French is desirable for this role.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £30,042.96-£31,338.96 per annum following successful completion of twelve-month probation period. Plus, fully expensed accommodation in France when on shift.
Hours of Work: Seven days per week, working on a one week on, one week off basis
Contract Type: Potential for a permanent contract upon completion of probation period and necessary qualifications
Location: You’ll be working at client sites in Northern France. Please note that you will need to reside in and return to the UK at the end of your weekly rota. You will be required to cover your own travel costs to and from Northern France.
Please note, due to the nature of the business, there is a strict selection and vetting process involved in the hiring for this position.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a huge increase in demand for our sniffer dogs and detection services, Wagtail UK is looking for new canine recruits to join our highly successful team.
Ideally, dogs should be of working dog breed, have high drive and enthusiasm and be between 11 months and 3 years old.
If you are looking to re-home your dog, please contact us for more information.