Wagtail UK Ltd is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of detection dogs for the UK and international operations. We hold a Home Office licence to store drug scents and explosive scents for the purposes of detection dog training.
- Explosive and bomb detection dogs
- Passive drug and narcotic detection dogs
- Proactive drug detection dogs
- Tobacco and counterfeit tobacco detection dogs
- Cash detection dogs
- Body detection dogs (illegal immigrants)
- Cadaver detection dogs
- Protection dogs
- Search and rescue dogs (including confined space and urban disaster dogs)
- Arson detection dogs
- Products of animal origin (including ivory, pangolin, ivory, scull, shark fin, bush meat)
- Scat detection dogs
- Carcass detection dogs (to detect protected animals, including bats)
Trained / part trained dogs
- Illegal meat
- Products of animal origins
- ‘Live’ animals (exotic pets)
- Lion skull
- Shark fin
- . . . and more
TOBACCO DETECTION DOGS
Illicit tobacco is one of the world’s most illegally trafficked goods. Wagtail provides tobacco and cash detection dog teams exclusively for government agencies.
Wagtail have an outstanding track record and have been providing tobacco detection dog teams to Trading Standards for 12 years and other government agencies in the UK and overseas for the past 10 years. Wagtail UK are proud to be Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI) Corporate Affiliate Members.
In the last 5 years alone Wagtail dogs have detected over 123 million illegal cigarettes and over 55 tonnes of illegal hand rolling tobacco! Along with these staggering figures, Wagtail dogs have also uncovered £4.5 million cash in that time.
Since 2014, Wagtail has been the exclusive provider of tobacco detection dogs for an overseas agency, providing dogs, handler training and re-teams.
ADVANTAGES OF TOBACCO DETECTION DOGS:
- Very accurate, more efficient method of search than human search teams
- Cost effective, value for money
- Support for enforcement officers and existing search teams
- An aid to intelligence gathering
- Disrupt known and potential target suppliers/distributors
- Excellent deterrent
- Only viable method of searching shipping containers and self-storage
AREAS WHERE DOGS CAN BE DEPLOYED:
- Private dwellings
- Warehouse/business premises
- Lock ups
- Self store establishments
- Vehicles – including up to HGV
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
If you’d like to find out more about our detection dogs please get in touch with us or call on 01745 561166.